Friday, October 22, 2010

PE4_Google SketchUp

Google SketchUp
by Ginny Holm 
First things first. I watched two more videos in Lynda.com. This time I watch 3D Warehouse Components and Downloading models from Google Earth. I still have four more videos to cover to finish all of Lynda.com’s Google SketchUp information. I learned the following from the videos and am getting on track to my original goal of creating a rendering of a small park with a fountain for our Centennial website.


The components menu is still the place to go. Type in what you are looking for and it gives you not just the components on your hard disk but the entire components online as well which they call a warehouse. For example when I typed in window I had a huge assortment of various windows to choose from.

You can go into components and type in a landmark you are looking for like the White House. I clicked on the little white house and it gave me an example of the Little White House in Warsaw, Poland. Once you click on the image, you can also click on the Map tab and you are shown the actual building in Google Earth. It’s pretty neat and would also be a way to see if the structure you were considering building would fit within the area you intended to build it. You can download the building right onto your document if you like.

Back to my original plan... a small park with a fountain for our Centennial website. I typed small park with a fountain in the Components finder and viola I found literally a small park with a fountain! I have downloaded it onto my document and plan to figure out how to customize it to add the details that I envision in our park. I created a ScreenFlow video on using the Components to import my park. You can click on full-screen view for a better view.









No comments: